LiveArtSocial (we) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- the LiveArtSocial mobile application software (App) available on our site (App Site), once you have downloaded a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (Device); and
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Big Book of Art Ltd t/a LiveArtSocial, company number 10200557, whose registered office is at 73 Watling Street, London EC4M 9BJ, United Kingdom.
2. Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us (Submitted information): This is information you give us about you by filling in forms on the App Site and the Services Sites (together Our Sites), or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or chat). It includes information you provide when you register to use the App Site, download or register an App, subscribe to any of our Services, search for an App or Service, make an in-App purchase, share data via an App’s social media functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with an App, our Services, or any of our Sites. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, the Device’s phone number, age, username, password and other registration information, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you visit one of our Sites or use one of out Apps we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, and time zone setting (Device Information);
- information stored on your Device, including contact information, friends lists, login information, photos, videos or other digital content, and check ins (Content Information);
- details of your use of any of our Apps or your visits to any of Our Sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access (Log Information).
- Location information. We also use technology to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Information we receive from other sources (Third Party Information). We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
4. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose the data we collect from you to third parties, including advertisers. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with anonymous aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help our carefully selected advertisers reach the kind of audience that could have an interest in the events and other promotions of our advertisers. We will use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
You agree that we have the right to disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006. We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that you apply for, subscribe to or otherwise join as a member of an exclusive group or community managed by one of our partners we will disclose and share your personal data with the partner who manages the group or community;
- if you sign up to an art fair, exhibition or other offer from an event organiser or one of our other partners we will disclose such details to this partner as is necessary for you to take advantage of this offer.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if LiveArtSocial or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and/or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- In order to:
- protect the rights, property or safety of LiveArtSocial, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
5. Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may or will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
We are using Amazon Web Services and benefit from a data centre and global network architecture built to meet the requirements of the most security-sensitive organizations. Amazon Web Services retains complete control over the region in which the data is physically located, enabling Amazon Web Services to meet regional compliance and data residency requirements, as well as reinforcing security if needed through a wide scale of security services such as adjustable data encryption and threat prevention.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of Our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Services Sites, and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may or will collect and store personal data on your Device using application data caches and browser web storage and/or other technology.
Certain Services include social networking, chat room or forum features. Ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
6. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
Our Services Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the App or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
7. Access to information
The British Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £20 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.
9. Governing Law
This Agreement and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.